Local Nutrition with A Global Perspective
In today's culture of fad diets and ubiquitous marketing that feeds us conflicting information, our relationship with food has become a confusing topic.
But let's remember:
Eating is one of life's great joys!
To do that, you must reset your relationship with food and re-learn how to nourish your body and mind. That means arming yourself with the most up-to-date science-based information and, more importantly, empowering yourself with your own defined relationship with food - rather than adopting one that society has conditioned you to believe. Resetting your relationship with food means shedding outdated mindsets that do not serve you, and learning to trust your body’s signals again.
I’ve spent over 15 years studying and practicing nutritional science, public health and living around the globe – discovering what works, what doesn’t, and what it means to live a truly healthy life. I’ve built a foundation of tools and techniques that have transformed my own health - which will transform yours, too. My goal is to not only give you the tools to make better dietary decisions, but to reset your entire relationship with food - one based on joy, gratitude, and positivity.
When I was seven, my family came to the US from Ukraine as political refugees. That experience instilled in me the true meaning of gratitude. One of the things I was most grateful for was the incredible food in my new country. In Ukraine, fresh bananas were very rare. When we came to the US, we couldn’t believe how many bananas were available (and how cheap they were!) We ate so many bananas we almost made ourselves sick. Fortunately, I’ve since added other things to my diet.
In college, I became fascinated with how a healthy diet can prevent disease and knew I wanted to help educate people on proper nutrition. I began my journey of becoming a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN). I started on a path of discovery of what it means to be truly healthy and to help others. This brought me to places all around the world - Europe, the US, and Africa. My experience has enabled me to objectively understand what influences our eating and health habits - including our culture, conditioning and beliefs. From world class medical centers in the US to tiny villages in rural Africa, I have studied nutrition and the common factors that contribute to our health and diet. Along the way, I discovered fascinating new cultures, recipes and ways of relating to food.
After years of living abroad, I returned to Los Angeles and started a private practice to combine everything I learned. I am grateful to be able to share my approach to nutrition and enable others to joyfully reset their approach to food - one informed by science-based knowledge and independently designed for you.
Allow me to welcome you to Nomadista Nutrition!
- RD/RDN: Board Certified Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics | Commission on Dietetic Registration Master of Public Health (MPH) degree from the University of California-Los Angeles
- Accredited Dietetic Internship completed at the Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare System
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Nutritional Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Geneva International Students Program (GISP) Certificate, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Geneva Program on Global Policy and Governance, Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University
English, Russian and French
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- The California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The Los Angeles District Dietetic Association
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- Renal Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
Discover how good food can change your
mind and body for the better.
Be part of a health movement
that impacts you & the world.