Mascha Davis, MPH, RDN
Local Nutrition with A Global Perspective
Welcome to Nomadista Nutrition!
After more than 10 years of practicing nutritional science and public health while living and working around the globe, I discovered what works, what doesn’t, and what it means to live a truly healthy life. I built a foundation of nutrition tools and techniques that have transformed my own health - and which I know will transform yours, too. Don’t take my word for it, though, look at what some of my clients have to say.
I work with:
Individuals and Families (appointments available at my two Los Angeles office locations as well as virtually)
Companies & Corporations seeking to improve their products as well as the health of their employees
The Media (as a National Media Spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and as a health writer)
When I was seven years old, my family immigrated to the United States from Ukraine as political refugees. I didn’t speak a word of English and found my new environment terrifying. My family came with almost nothing, and we moved constantly for the first few years. Overcoming these challenges taught me resilience. As I grew older, it also instilled in me the true meaning of gratitude as I realized that just by virtue of coming to the US, I was given opportunities that many people are not fortunate enough to have. I felt tremendously lucky, and also discovered a sense of purpose - a strong desire to make a difference and give back. After enrolling at the University of WI-Madison, I landed on my true passion - nutrition. I learned that what we put into our bodies affects our physical, emotional and mental health.
I understood that a healthy diet can not only prevent disease, but can be the catalyst that helps us to thrive and reach our potential in life.
As I began my journey of becoming a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), I started on a path of discovery of what it means to be truly healthy and to help others. After completing my undergraduate studies in Nutritional Science & Dietetics, I went on to obtain my Master of Public Health Degree at UCLA and to complete my accredited dietetic internship at the VA Hospital in Los Angeles. Since then my career has taken me to places all around the world - Europe, the US, and Africa.
From world class medical centers in the US to tiny villages in rural Africa, I have studied nutrition and the common factors that contribute to our health and diet. Along the way, I discovered fascinating new cultures, recipes and ways of relating to food. My global experience has enabled me to objectively understand what influences our eating and health habits - including our culture, conditioning and beliefs.
I also developed a unique set of tools that I use to radically transform the health of those I am fortunate enough to serve.
After years of living abroad, I returned to Los Angeles and started a private practice to combine everything I learned. I am grateful to be able to share my approach to nutrition and enable others to joyfully reset their approach to food - one informed by science-based knowledge and independently designed for you.
- RD/RDN: Board Certified Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics / Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Master of Public Health (MPH) degree from the University of California-Los Angeles
- Accredited Dietetic Internship completed at the Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare System
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Nutritional Science & Dietetics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Geneva International Students Program (GISP) Certificate, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Geneva Program on Global Policy and Governance, Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University
English, Russian and French
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- The California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The Los Angeles District Dietetic Association
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine Practice Group
- Renal Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
Discover how good food can change your mind and body for the better.
Be part of a health movement that impacts you & the world.